Safety & Security
Working Group Members
- Jennie Clements - Chair
- Russell Gleenslade - BID
- Chief Inspector Dean Thomas -
- Jeff Davidson - Safer Swansea Partnerhsip
- Brendan Bottomley - Silurian Security (Taxi Marshals)
- Councillor Robert Francis Davies -
- Dan Jones - Police Commissioner Office
- Bruno Nunnes - Bambu & Peppermint Bars Licensing Premises Chair
Creating a more secure shopping and trading environment through the funding of additional Police Officers, Rangers* and the operation of Taxi Marshals during the Night Time Economy.
Most recent statistics show that typically the Rangers* deal with over 34,000 activities, that includes over 1500 business visits over a year period helping improve the shopper and trading environment.
- Throughout BID’s duration, over 500,000 persons dealt with by our Taxi Marshals, helping to reduce alcohol related disruption by 45.7% working alongside South Wales Police.
- Working with South Wales Police, we have delivered 804 additional Police Hours, 1137 businesses have been visited, delivering a 20.6% reduction in Anti-Social Behaviour.
- Purple Flag accreditation secured working in partnership with Local Authority as lead.
ALL CREATING a safer and more secure shopper, visitor and trading environment throughout the City Centre.* Co - funded and managed by the City & County of Swansea.