Working Group Members
- Juliet Luporini - Chair
- Russell Greenslade - BID
- Phil Roberts - Local Authority Corporate Director
- Nick Williams - Welsh Government
- Kathryn David - Swansea Metropolitan University
- James Loxdale - Debenhams PLC
- Steve Jones - Leisure Quest
- Jodie Broadway - Santander
- Gareth Davies - Coastal Housing Group
All DEVELOPING the City Centre by helping attract new businesses, retaining businesses, reducing the bottom line business costs and delivering projects aimed to help drive foot-flow and spending and improving economy and vibrancy.
- Delivered Mystery Shopper and Location Model programmes delivered by National Skills Academy securing £20,000 external funding.
- Delivered a Mystery Shopper project for Independent Businesses delivered by National Skills Academy/People 1st, securing £10,000 funding with 90% participants scoring over 90%.
- Introduced empty unit virtual window vinyling scheme, helping to expand existing businesses or recruit new ones into empty units.
- Co-founded the Creative Bubble project with University Trinity St David's, developing student employability and entrepreneurship as well as retaining graduates in the City Centre, which has resulted in the securing of £10,000 investment by UWTSD as well as the creation of 4 new businesses.
- Creative Bubble project shortlisted for British BIDs Proud Projects 2015.
- Secured Entrepreneurship packages, providing discounted rent and funding towards shop fronts on empty units by working alongside agents and landlords.
- Secured £20,000 external funding for Art across The City project, improving the vibrancy of the areas placed in.
- Further ensure businesses voice is recognised and respected locally, regionally and nationally, helping to secure business core benefits.
- Secured business rate relief worth collectively over £200,000 for eligible businesses, due to our involvement in Welsh Government Task & Finish Groups.
- Provided a BID Business Tool Kit providing businesses the opportunity to receive bottom-line benefits.
- Expedited a UK Government business broadband voucher scheme of up to £3,000 per business collectively worth £38,000.
- Facilitated on several key City Centre issues impacting on trade ensuring businesses voice was truly heard with actions delivered.
- Secured FREE registration for BID Businesses in BID area when enrolling with the FSB that includes many benefits reducing businesses bottom line.
- Successfully obtained Business in the Community (BITC)'s Healthy High Street 3 year support working with champions Marks & Spencer's, Boots, Co-operative and Santander.
All DEVELOPING the City Centre by attracting new businesses, retaining businesses, reducing the bottom-line business costs and delivering projects aimed to help drive foot-flow and spending and improving economy and vibrancy.